Sunday, October 21, 2007

Going to the World Series!

So, to keep the continuity, I blogged this game too (I also wore the same clothes, hat and got the same Starbucks coffee drink). Yes, I have issues. However, the blog was mostly just to occupy my mind, and was far from anything original. Unless you were reading it live, sorry, its gone.

When the playoffs started, I promised the kids an ice cream party if the Sox went to the World Series (and Sundaes if they won it). It will be a party that I am more than happy to fund. Funny enough, Katie's 2nd grade teacher is also a Red Sox fans. Coincidentally, she also promised her class (which includes a lot of Yankee supporters) ice cream if the Sox went to the World Series. [The gorilla tactics behind enemy lines needs to start early]. Katie has been crowing about getting two ice cream parties since Game 2.

Sleep over the next few days seems unlikely. Game 1 starts Wednesday. One can only hope that this Series is a series of momentum. A lot of the talking heads have spoken about the advantage that Colorado has with eight days off. However, I view it differently. They were living on huge momentum. I can only imagine that taking eight days off is the LAST thing the Rockies team wanted to do. In fact, it could easily be the Sox that have the momentum going into this first game in Fenway.

This win is great, but there are still guys who need to prove something. 1. JD Drew - had a GREAT game 6, but still needs to come up big to prove his value. 2. Dice K - we aren't paying him to pitch five innings. 3. Julio "DP" Lugo. 4. Eric Gagme - wait, I don't want him proving anything.

On to the World Series, which hopefully ends in Sundaes. Say your prayers!

No comments: