Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanks Thoughts

Had a very nice midwestern Thanksgiving. Alison's parents came to town and joined us for the Holiday. Alison and her Mom cooked a great dinner.


Although the day's football games weren't particularly exciting, it was great to kick back, and have something to watch [while taking a nap].


Although I had a to work on Friday, the crisis spurred by Dubai kept the day from being completely uninteresting. One quick word on Dubai: I'd say it's a lagging indicator rather than an leading one. Bad debt happens.


On Saturday, we cut down our Christmas tree. We have high living room ceilings, so we were able to grab a tall tree this year. I'd cuff our new tree at 9 feet. It may still be November, but we put the tree up right away.

Sunday I got a chance to do some mountain biking (well, out here I guess its really plains biking). We have a trail here that goes about 50 miles due West. I biked about 8 miles West before heading back due to uncoming darkness. It was a fun, true rural run.

The Luce Line is a former railroad that snakes it way through farms and lakes. Even though I didn't make it particularly far, it was a very interesting course. There were plenty of horses, cows, sheep, and even llamas. I look forward to taking the trail up past the point where I stopped; however, it's unlikely to happen until Spring.

Finally, as November gets wrapped up, I lament the Patriots loss. I said going into this game that the Saints are very good. They proved it tonight. That said, the Patriots looked as much out-of-sync as the Saints looked in-sync. A few plays go the Patriots way and this is a completely different game. Brady's first pick stands out. That in its own right is probably a 10-point swing. They need to get it together on the road. Sure, they can beat up bad teams at home, but I'd like to see one good road win.

No comments: