Monday, December 15, 2008

Thanks-mas

We had a really nice weekend. Saturday was Moore Day, as dubbed by the kids. My parents, sister and her husband, and one of my brothers and his family came and spent the day at our house. It was a sort of Thanks-mas, an equal point between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Saturday afternoon was loaded with Rock Band and Guitar Hero concerts on the XBox. Alison prepared a great meal, and the day was enjoyed by all.



We exchanged Christmas presents. A little bird helped my parents get the kids Disney's Sing It, for the XBox, and quickly, Sunday morning turned from Classic Rock air guitars to Hannah Montana Karaoke. By later that morning, everyone had hit the road, which was good, because we had our golf club's Christmas party.



As I watched the Bills fumble away their win against the Jets, the Kids saw a puppet show followe by a magic show. Eventually we got to see Santa. I must say, fortunately for us, Santa looked a little better than the time I saw him at Walmart last week.


We had a little issue last year, where some faulty glue convinced the girls that the club's Santa was only a stand-in, and in fact he was being played by "Magic Dave." I assured them, it was NOT Magic Dave, but I could have talked til I was blue in the face. This year, Katie thought the beard was a hoax, but Emily was certain it had been real. It doesn't really matter, I guess, since neither told him what they wished for.


Emily has crafted Santa a note for which she plans to leave for him on Christmas Eve. I'll share it with you now as is:


"Dear, Santa

did you relly give presints when you
wher a teen ager? how did the
rainder fly?

Love, Emily"


Hopefully he'll answer...

No comments: