Sunday, December 28, 2008

Friggin Jets

Can't even count on the Jets NOT to lose. An 11-5 season without Tom Brady at the helm. What can you do? When Brady went down in the first game, I still expected they could win the division. They had a talented D and a well-stocked offense even with a "caretaker" was leading it. It turned out, the "caretaker" was much better than I expected and the D was much worse. I could not have foreseen the Dolphins would also go 11-5 and beat us on tie breakers. Frankly, I can't believe we went 11-5 and didn't even take the wildcard.

When the Jets signed Farve I contended that they were NO better under Favre than they would have been under Pennington (or Clemens). As that turns out, they were worse. Favre has been horrible most of the season, and likely will not return. He, single-handedly, killed the Patriots today. That is the biggest irony.

I feel the same way about the Patriots not being in the playoffs as I did about the Red Sox not beating the Rays in the ALCS. Sure, I would have liked the outcome to be different, but we've had enough success that I can't be bitterly disappointed. I've had bitter disappointment regarding sports teams before, and this isn't that feeling.

No comments: