Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Fourth fun

Despite traveling issues, I had a nice weekend celebrating the 4th in NY. Alison and the girls spent three great days on Cape Cod, but failed to take any pictures.

I flew in Thursday night, and on Friday had an opportunity to tour the floor of the New York Stock Exchange - something I have never done before. Although the Friday before the 4th was hardly action-city on the floor, it was interesting to see them ring the opening bell.



The rest of the weekend was spent in Westchester including long stays at the golf club. I got severely sunburned after falling asleep at the pool on Saturday (wear lots of sunscreen, kids!) which hampered by golf playing ability. The kids - well lathered in sunscreen - spent hours upon hours at the pool.



Emily has been practicing doing flips on the trampoline at home, and I convinced her that it was much easier off the diving board. After some hesitant flips, she spent the rest of the weekend flipping out.





Monday night we secured a sweet spot to watch the Macy's Fourth of July Fireworks Spectacular. High above Time Square, we watched the five barge fireworks show on the Hudson river from a friend's office conference room. It was a great view, and the perfect way for us to watch. Emily and I like fireworks, but Katie doesn't like the noise, and Alison is happy to have our own bathroom. Perfect.










We spent the night in a Manhattan hotel, and I headed back to Minneapolis Tuesday morning - well after a 3 hour delay, I think it was still morning.

No comments: