Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Random Update

I write this as I sit disappointed with the performances of American Idol this week. I'm not sure I found a single song worthy of being liked... Speaking of TV, "Eight Eastern, Seven Central." How I've heard that phrase all my life, but yikes! words to live by now. Seven Central?!? Who can start watching network TV at 7:00?? Anyone who knows me, knows I love my TV, but seven o'clock is ridiculous. All I can say is: thank the Lord, I shipped a DVR out here....I experienced my first commuting weekend. I left the office a half an hour before the stock market close. I got to the airport with some time to spare for a 3:30 flight. I missed all the "insider" tips from c0-workers about parking and security because I don't know the airport complex yet. The plane was in the air 10 minutes after leaving the gate, and despite problems on the Whitestone Bridge I was still home by eight. The reverse was just as easy. I got the new Clear card that zips you through Security in New York, and was at my desk before 9:00... The highlight of the weekend was the Girl Scouts "Special Person" semi-formal. Held at the Larchmont Shore Club (the same location as Alison and my wedding reception), a hundred [guess] girl scouts dressed up and brought their dads [mostly] to a sweet dinner/dance. Although Katie spent most of her dancing minutes with friends, we had a couple nice dancing moments. Plus I still got to see the end of Villanova/Pitt in the bar area :) .... Speaking of college basketball, my pool is a disaster. In hedge fund terminology, I went long the ACC, short the Big East. The returns were similar to those evil hedge funds' returns in 2008... Work is good. Still finding my role/niche, but it's all good. Nice people - you betcha!

No comments: