Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The View from 30,000 feet

Everyone talks about seeing the big picture or the view from 30,000 feet. Well... I really do have a view from 30,000 feet. I write this as I sit on a Delta jet traveling somewhere high over the Great Lakes on my way to Boston. This is my first time using in-flight WiFi, and I have to say it's pretty cool. I'm stuck in the middle seat (albeit in the exit row), but have endless entertainment surfing the web. I can communicate with multiple people over Instant Messenger. $10. Seriously, what took the airlines so long.

I'm headed to Boston to visit a company we have a debt investment in. However, Thursday night I will get a chance to see my brother and niece at a Red Sox game.

Spring has officially arrived in that yesterday was the first day going into the lake. After work, three of us hit the lake to go wakeboarding and wake surfing. I have a 3/4 wetsuit, but I still expected the water to be frigid. I brought a winter jacket along in case I needed to warm up. I couldn't have been more wrong. The water was awesome! The air was 75 +/-, and it was a complete blast. I have wake surfed before (surfing on the wake of the boat), but it is the first time I have ever wakeboarded. I'll being doing that more often. I have video coming...

No comments: