Saturday, October 4, 2008

I'm Back

Ok, ok, ok.

I'm back. I've been out of work since the Spring, and its funny, when you're not going into the office and sitting in front of a PC all day, there are some innane things you just don't do. Blogging appears to be one of them.

I'm still not officially working, but frankly, not working in this market may be the best thing for me. Yes, I'm getting a little bored being at home, but the people I know working are ripping their hair out.

So a few notes:

1. The Paulson bailout plan was very needed
2. The problems weren't created by a greedy Wall Street - everyone loves a scapegoat
3. More regulation would NOT really have stopped this financial mess
4. I'm highly disgusted with the House Republicans
5. Chip Carey and his partner are terrible MLB play-by-play announcers
6. Two reasons I don't like the Angels:
a. Thunder Sticks
b. The Rally Monkey
7. No, Sarah Palin isn't ready to be President tomorrow, and I don't like her folksy "charm"
8. Sarah Palin isn't as stupid as she is being made out to be, and she can be a perfectly capable VP
9. Is there a more annoying player in baseball than K-Rod? Yes K, not A.
10. How great is it that the last game in the House that Ruth Built had no meaning?
11. I'm not overly distressed that Tom Brady is out for the year
12. I do, however, expect the Patriots to show up each week, unlike the Miami game
13. There's a great book that is part math, part finance, part philosophy - The Black Swan. It nailed the banking problems a year before, even though its not the thesis of the book.
14. My golf handicap is down 4 strokes since leaving my job
15. The Celtics are in training camp after winning the World Championship, and I don't really care. Boy how things have changed.
16. There was humorous, actual discussion in New York that Hank Steinbrenner should "not fire Joe Girardi." Boy, how things don't change.
17. The family went to a Marlins game in Miami. We were on the Jumbotron, but I'm not sure it was a big deal. I think all 5,000 fans there made it on the screen.
18. Pro Football Prospectus 2008 is in bookstores. It marks the third nationally published book which lists me as an author. 2007 and 2006 and the others.
19. I miss Manny. I hate how things ended. I understand he needed to go.
20. Stocks have gotten crushed. The bailout plan will help, but the economy is still rough in its own right.
21. Remember, stocks will begin to upturn BEFORE a recession is over. I have no specific picks
22. It's disappointing that my kids are getting into baseball, and can't hardly see a single playoff game
23. I'll post again before another six months is up.

No comments: