Monday, January 28, 2008

Frustration

The experiences of the 2003 and 2004 Super Bowls were awesome. Getting tickets were not easy, but not ridiculous. With the Patriots in the AFC Championship last year against the Colts, my friend and I had tickets lined up for Miami, but the Patriots fell down in the second half, and we did not go.

I normally don't think about things like going to the Super Bowl until the outcomes are definite. I'm too superstitious. However, this year, the Super Bowl seemed like such a sure thing. I've been thinking about going to Arizone since about week 9!

As the Giants got closer and closer, I started to get concerned. If the Giants beat Green Bay everything would become more complicated. I broke tradition and suggested getting tickets early - before the Patriots or teh Giants played. I was reasonably talked out of it. With 20/20 hindsight, that was a mistake.

The Giants fans with discretionary income and a rabid following have flooeded the ticket market with demand. Ticket supply - even from normally reliable sources - is dry.

I really don't want to watch at home. This is frustrating.

No comments: